A full day of study where you will be introduced to the epidemiology of yellow fever (YF), International Health Regulations (IHR), YF vaccine and risk assessment of the traveller visiting areas where YF vaccination is either recommended for personal protection, required to comply with IHR, or both. Lead by NaTHNaC trainers, the classroom experience has been designed to be stimulating and interactive, providing the opportunity to discuss a variety of scenarios that might be encountered in clinical practice. Classroom training aims to prepare health professionals who will provide a YF risk assessment and vaccination service, whether new to YF or working within an established Yellow Fever Vaccination Centre (YFVC).
Please read Training Special Conditions before purchasing training course.
Choose this option if you are:
- A prescriber applying to be the Responsible Supervising Clinician (RSC) for a YFVC and you work alone (required).
- A health professional representing a health facility applying to be a YFVC for the first time (required).
- A health professional who prefers a face to face training experience.
Essential Pre-Course Reading
The following are considered essential pre-course reading materials:
- Conditions of YFVC Designation
- YFVC Code of Practice
- TravelHealthPro: Yellow fever factsheet
- Department of Health: Immunisation against Infectious Disease (Chapters 3, 6, 7, 8 and 35)
- Yellow Fever Vaccine: Summary of Product Characteristics
- World Health Organization (WHO): IHRs - please see the foreword (pages 1-2)and Annex 5-7 (pages 50-55)