Yellow fever eLearning alone
Choose this option if you:
- Have undertaken previous NaTHNaC Yellow Fever (YF) training (classroom or previous YF eLearning).
- Are a doctor, nurse, pharmacist or dentist (see Conditions of Designation), and work in a Yellow Fever Vaccination Centre (YFVC) where one or more health professionals have undertaken classroom training as part of the training requirement under the Conditions of Designation and you wish to undertake training without a Virtual Classroom (VC) component [note: for new YFVC, eLearning followed by VC workshop is required and/or those new to YF the option with VC is recommended].
For requests for this training falling outside the descriptions above, please contact NaTHNaC admin at firstname.lastname@example.org
About this option
An interactive learning experience which will update and/or refresh your knowledge and understanding of the epidemiology of YF, International Health Regulations (IHR) and the vaccine. You will work through travel health scenarios which illustrate some of the challenges relating to YF risk assessment. There is a mandatory short test which must be successfully completed consisting of a series of multiple choice questions which are related to the learning outcomes of this course.
Learning Outcomes: eLearning
eLearning (estimated 90 minutes to complete) - time to complete can be used as CPD hours. After completing the online eLearning modules you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the YF disease, risk areas and mode of transmission.
- Demonstrate an understanding of YF vaccination certificate requirements and YF vaccination recommendation for travellers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the safe use and storage of YF vaccine.
Specific learning outcomes for each module are given within the eLearning training.
About the completion test
At the end of the eLearning:
- You are required to complete 16 questions selected randomly from a question bank.
- You have unlimited attempts to successfully complete the test and access the learning modules within an enrolment period of 28 days only (note: progress is not saved within modules or test).
- A personal certificate of completion will be generated when the pass mark is achieved. This certificate belongs to the person who completes the test, and is valid for 2 years.
- Please refer to Conditions of Designation for training requirements related to designated YFVC.
IT System Requirements
- You will need an internet connection (2Mbs or above recommended) and there is sound on the videos (or you can use the subtitles - click on the small CC symbol bottom right of the videos).
- TravelHealthPro and the NaTHNaC Training Portal are optimised for modern browsers. For optimum performance of this website you should update to the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge.
IS THIS THE RIGHT OPTION FOR YOU?
Please check this is your preferred training option before you continue. Another option, YF eLearning followed by Virtual Classroom workshop is available [required for new YFVC but open to others too]. Details on the Training Courses tab.
Progress to the payment & enrolment process
If you need to set up a log in account, contact us at email@example.com stating your full name and job title. Separate fee, training account and course enrolment per trainee. If you're based at a registered Yellow Fever Vaccination Centre (YFVC), please state the centre name and address.
We only accept card payment via Sagepay. NaTHNaC does not have the facility to issue invoices, all requests will be declined.
If you are based at a YFVC, the centre's Admin Lead may manage the booking. If you're not the Admin Lead but have an account already, you can purchase training for self only.
- Click on Log in (top right hand corner). Prior to booking, please check that the User profile details are correct as training fees are non-refundable. If the incorrect person is enrolled for course, a new payment is required.
- Click on the 'Buy this course' button. Checkout the basket and process the online Sagepay/Opayo card payment (non-refundable). See Card Order tab for purchased item(s) and check your email account (incl. spam folder) for the Opayo/Sagepay email receipt.
- To locate course enrolment, click on 'Your Courses' MENU option and click on module shown on screen. However, if the course enrolment is missing:
- If you're the Admin Lead, see 'Manage Course Licence' option located on MENU and enrol either Self or Trainee (meaning other colleague).
- If the Admin Lead purchased the training via the centre's master account, please contact colleague to activate your course enrolment.
- Once enrolled, you should see links below - complete in this order. The training certificate can only be produced if a green tick appears for BOTH of the following sections.
- MANDATORY: Code of Practice.You must click on the code of practice link to ensure a green tick appears for that section.
- Yellow Fever eLearning Course and Test. Click on this to start the course which opens on a new browser page.
WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED AND PASSED THE ASSESSMENT/TEST YOU MUST RETURN TO THE MENU IN YOUR ACCOUNT - 'YOUR CERTIFICATES' AND DOWNLOAD YOUR CERTIFICATE.