Yellow fever eLearning (followed by Virtual Classroom workshop)
Choose this option if you are:
- A health professional (HP) representing a health facility applying to be a YFVC for the first time (a new centre must register first before applying for training).
- Either the Responsible Supervising Clinician (always if the RSC works alone), or another doctor, nurse or pharmacist (this is a Condition of Designation).
- Any doctor, nurse or pharmacist new to yellow fever (YF).
- Any doctor, nurse or pharmacist who prefers this option as update training.
The individual responsible for governance of the YFVC (usually the RSC) and all those who will be administering the vaccine must undertake YF eLearning and successfully complete the exit test. The eLearning should be repeated every 2 years [see Yellow Fever e-learning alone].
About this option
An interactive learning experience which addresses the epidemiology of YF, International Health Regulations (IHR) and the vaccine. You will work through travel scenarios which illustrate some of the challenges relating to yellow fever risk assessment and risk management.
There is a mandatory short test which must be successfully completed consisting of a series of multiple-choice questions which are related to the learning outcomes of the eLearning course.
Soon after you have completed the eLearning and test, you must select a date option from the Virtual Classroom (VC) workshop sign up section below (note: completion of eLearning followed by VC workshop is required for designation of a new YFVC). The VC workshop offers the opportunity to consider and discuss more complex traveller scenarios with NaTHNaC facilitators. VC workshops will be held frequently: a choice of dates and times will be offered. Please be aware the VC workshop dates and times are subject to change.
Learning Outcomes eLearning (with virtual classroom workshop)
The eLearning (estimated 90 minutes to complete) followed by VC workshop (2 hours) - time to complete can be used as CPD hours. After completing the online eLearning modules and following the virtual classroom (VC) workshop you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the yellow fever (YF) disease, risk areas and mode of transmission.
- Demonstrate an understanding of YF vaccination certificate requirements and YF vaccination recommendation for travellers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the safe use and storage of YF vaccine.
In addition, specific learning outcomes for each module are given within the eLearning course and at the start of the virtual classroom workshop.
About the completion test
At the end of the eLearning:
- You are required to complete 16 questions selected randomly from a question bank.
- You have unlimited attempts to successfully complete the test within an enrolment period of 28 days (note: progress is not saved within modules or test).
- A personal certificate of completion will be generated when the pass mark is achieved and you click on the Virtual Classroom sign up section. This certificate belongs to the person who completes the test, and is valid for 2 years.
- Please refer to Conditions of Designation for training requirements related to designated YFVC.
IT System requirements
- An internet connection is required (2Mbs or above recommended) and there is sound on the videos (or you can use the subtitles - click on the small CC symbol bottom right of the videos).
- TravelHealthPro and the NaTHNaC Training Portal are optimised for modern browsers. For optimum performance of this website you should update to the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge.
- VC (which follows your e-learning at a later date) is currently via ZOOM, other platforms may be available in due course.
IS THIS THE RIGHT OPTION FOR YOU? Please check this is your preferred training option before you continue. The eLearning alone is available [not for new YFVC]. Please see Training Courses tab.
Progress to the payment & enrolment process
- If you are linked to a designated YFVC, an Admin Lead at your centre (this person may also be based at your head office if you are linked to a larger chain of clinics) has the ability to purchase the course for you. If you do not know who your Admin Lead is, please email us at email@example.com. It is important to go through your Admin Lead to ensure your training is registered to your centre. Your Admin Lead will have instructions on how to use the training portal.
- Once the course has been purchased for you, you will receive an email stating your email address username and instructions on how to set up a password.
- If you have completed yellow fever e-learning previously and the course has been purchased for you, you should already have a username email address and password. Log in (top right hand corner) but if you can't remember your password, click on the 'Forgot your password or create a new one' link. If you are an independent health care professional (not associated with a particular clinic), please contact us to set up a user account
- Click on the 'Buy this course' button. Checkout the basket and process the online card payment (non-refundable). See Card Order tab for purchased item(s) and check your email account (incl. spam folder) for the Sagepay email receipt.
- Once logged in, click on 'Your Courses' MENU option and click on module. If the course enrolment is missing:
- If you're the Admin Lead, see 'Manage Course Licence' option located on MENU and enrol either Self or Trainee (meaning other colleague).
- If your Admin Lead purchased the training, please contact your colleague to activate your course enrolment.
- Once enrolled, you should see links below - Complete in this order. The training certificate can only be produced if a green tick appears for BOTH of the following sections:
- Yellow Fever eLearning Course and Test. Click on this to start the course which opens on a new browser page.
- Virtual Classroom workshop - Sign up. Click on this to select one Virtual Classroom (VC) date and email us. The next VC will take place on Thursday 18th November 2021 at 12:20 - 14:45 pm.
WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED AND PASSED THE ASSESSMENT/TEST YOU MUST RETURN TO THE MENU IN YOUR ACCOUNT - 'YOUR CERTIFICATES' AND DOWNLOAD YOUR CERTIFICATE.
Please note: As of May 2021, the certificate requirements for Nigeria have been updated – some videos and scenarios in Module 3 and 4 use Nigeria as example. Edits to these modules will be made in due course.
Also we are in the process of loading a series of NaTHNaC yellow fever vaccination recommendation maps to TravelHealthPro. These maps illustrate the WHO recommendations, but have a different colour scheme. The NaTHNaC maps will eventually replace the maps currently shown in this e-learning.