Yellow fever eLearning (followed by Virtual Classroom workshop)
Choose this option if you are:
- A doctor, nurse, pharmacist or dentist (see Conditions of Designation), representing a health facility applying to be a YFVC for the first time (a new centre must register first before applying for training).
- Either the Responsible Supervising Clinician (always if the RSC works alone), or another doctor, nurse or pharmacist (this is a Condition of Designation).
- Any doctor, nurse, pharmacist or dentist new to yellow fever (YF).
- Any doctor, nurse, pharmacist or dentist who prefers this option as update training.
The individual responsible for governance of the YFVC (usually the RSC) and all those who will be administering the vaccine must undertake YF eLearning and successfully complete the exit test. The eLearning should be repeated every 2 years [see Yellow Fever e-learning alone].
For requests for this training falling outside the descriptions above, please contact NaTHNaC admin at email@example.com
About this option
An interactive learning experience which addresses the epidemiology of YF, International Health Regulations (IHR) and the vaccine. You will work through travel scenarios which illustrate some of the challenges relating to yellow fever risk assessment and risk management.
There is a mandatory short test which must be successfully completed consisting of a series of multiple-choice questions which are related to the learning outcomes of the eLearning course.
Soon after you have completed the eLearning and test, you must select a date option from the Virtual Classroom (VC) workshop sign up section below (note: completion of eLearning followed by VC workshop is required for designation of a new YFVC). The VC workshop offers the opportunity to consider and discuss more complex traveller scenarios with NaTHNaC facilitators. VC workshop will be held on one Thursday per month only. Please be aware the VC workshop dates and times are subject to change.
Learning Outcomes eLearning (with virtual classroom workshop)
The eLearning (estimated 90 minutes to complete) followed by VC workshop (2 hours and 45 minutes) - time to complete can be used as CPD hours. After completing the online eLearning modules and following the virtual classroom (VC) workshop you will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the yellow fever (YF) disease, risk areas and mode of transmission.
- Demonstrate an understanding of YF vaccination certificate requirements and YF vaccination recommendation for travellers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the safe use and storage of YF vaccine.
In addition, specific learning outcomes for each module are given within the eLearning course and at the start of the virtual classroom workshop.
About the completion test
At the end of the eLearning:
- You are required to complete 16 questions selected randomly from a question bank.
- You have unlimited attempts to successfully complete the test and access the learning modules within an enrolment period of 28 days only (note: progress is not saved within modules or test).
- A personal certificate of completion will be generated when the pass mark is achieved and you click on the Virtual Classroom sign up section. This certificate belongs to the person who completes the test, and is valid for 2 years.
- Please refer to Conditions of Designation for training requirements related to designated YFVC.
IT System requirements
- An internet connection is required (2Mbs or above recommended) and there is sound on the videos (or you can use the subtitles - click on the small CC symbol bottom right of the videos).
- TravelHealthPro and the NaTHNaC Training Portal are optimised for modern browsers. For optimum performance of this website you should update to the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge.
- VC (which follows your e-learning at a later date) is currently via ZOOM, other platforms may be available in due course.
IS THIS THE RIGHT OPTION FOR YOU? Please check this is your preferred training option before you continue. The 'YF eLearning Alone' is available [not for new YFVC]. Please see Training Courses tab.
Progress to the payment & enrolment process
If you need to set up a log in account, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your full name and job title. Separate fee, training account and course enrolment per trainee. If you're based at a registered Yellow Fever Vaccination Centre (YFVC) or opening one, please state the UKYFVC number (if known), centre name and address.
We only accept card payment via Sagepay. NaTHNaC does not have the facility to issue invoices, all requests will be declined.
If you are based at a YFVC, the centre's Admin Lead may manage the booking. If you're not the Admin Lead but have an account already, you can purchase training for self only.
- Click on Log in (top right hand corner). Prior to booking, please check that the User profile details are correct as training fees are non-refundable. If the incorrect person is enrolled for course, a new payment is required.
- Click on the 'Buy this course' button. Checkout the basket and process the online Sagepay/Opayo card payment (non-refundable). See Card Order tab for purchased item(s) and check your email account (incl. spam folder) for the Opayo/Sagepay email receipt.
- For course enrolment activation, see 'Your Courses' MENU option and the module should appear on screen. However, if the purchased course is missing:
- If you're the Admin Lead that booked the course, see 'Manage Course Licence' option located on MENU. Enrol either Self or Trainee (meaning other colleague).
- If the Admin Lead purchased the training for you, please contact colleague to activate the course enrolment.
- Once enrolled, you should see links below - Complete in this order. The training certificate can only be produced if a green tick appears for BOTH of the following sections:
- Yellow Fever eLearning Course and Test. Click on this to start the course which opens on a new browser page.
- Virtual Classroom workshop - Sign up. Click on this to select one Virtual Classroom (VC) date and email us. There is only 1 workshop each month, usually a Thursday. Please check availability as there are limited spaces.
WHEN YOU HAVE COMPLETED AND PASSED THE ASSESSMENT/TEST YOU MUST RETURN TO THE MENU IN YOUR ACCOUNT - 'YOUR CERTIFICATES' AND DOWNLOAD YOUR CERTIFICATE.